Pinch me, it’s true … my life’s work has me jaunting around the globe, meeting with our incredible partners and immersing myself in new customs and cultures as much as possible. The joy of travel feeds body and soul and it’s my pleasure to be able to share that with our clients on a daily basis.
When I head to the airport for my latest adventure, there are a few choice items I insist on taking along. Perhaps you’ll find them indispensable, too!
Rebecca’s Must-Pack Travel Items:
- My Design for Life scarf, an absolute must. In every color of the rainbow and a variety of fabrics, for protection from the elements and a cozy layer on an air-conditioned flight, Design for Life scarves are luxurious, yet practical – and each sale contributes to a better life for Nepalese artisans and the foundations we support in Nepal.
- QMS Sport Active Cream Tinted Moisturizer – This German skin-care company has been around for decades and has its own spa in London’s Sloane Square. The lightweight tinted moisturizer hydrates my skin when I’m changing climates (and elevations!) and reverses the aging process, too – double win!
- Packing cubes, clear enough to see through so I can get quickly to what I need, and in various sizes to keep everything organized. I can fit more in less space and prevent the wrinkles that always result from clothing shifting around inside my suitcase.
- A statement necklace from en IndeTM – a collection inspired by steel, jute and organic material, resulting in dramatic, talismanic pieces that garner gushing wherever I go.
- Comfortable, on-trend, pointed flats from Viajiyu, inspired by the elegant women of northern Italy. I adore my sleek blue suede pair with a precious white bow clip that can be put on and taken off, depending on my mood.
- Ghurka and Tumi luggage, particularly the latter’s Voyageur collection for lightweight, expandable, wipeable and soft-sided carry-on pieces.
- A Smythson notebook for capturing my inspirations and destination discoveries – handcrafted in England of the finest leather and with gorgeous featherweight pages.
- An Akurbra fur felt hat for sun protection – and style! These Australian-made toppers come in a variety of collections, from the outback travelers to the urban sophisticate.
- Bose earphones for dulling the background news and listening to my favorite music or film when in transit. And they stay in my ears!
- Dom Vetro sunglasses – admittedly, I’m a bit of a sunglasses collector and have just fallen in love with these, handmade in the Italian Alps under the artisanal guidance of the maestri – craftspeople who have spent a lifetime mastering an art.
- Seafolly bikini – a fantastic choice for those of us with a more womanly figure.
- And last, but not least, a stylish little black dress. Each season, I choose one from Hush for their easy-to-wear, easy-to-pack designs appropriate for both day and night.