Catherwood Travels Mexico
BY THE TIME ARTIST AND EXPLORER FREDERICK CATHERWOOD AND WRITER JOHN LLOYDS STEPHENS TRAVELED TO CENTRAL AMERICA IN THE MID-1800S, THE MAYA CIVILIZATION HAD VANISHED FROM THE MIND OF THE WESTERN WORLD.
The companions’ meticulous accounts, numerous publications and detailed illustrations during their expeditions revived the world’s interest in the Maya culture and serve as precious records of this ancient civilization. Named after the explorer, Catherwood Travels revives a great spirit of discovery and exploration with a first-class selection of guides and experts to lead each one of the tours, from archaeologists and architects to biologists and artists. This family-owned company has devoted itself to the promotion, restoration and understanding of the old Maya region (the Yucatán Peninsula and Chiapas) through high-end travel services. The company’s commitment to the area extends to the restoration of historical properties and execution of sustainable projects in the rural communities of the Yucatán.
- Services Available
- Experience the Maya World
- Private Archaeology with Renowned Archeologists
- Dedicated Groups & Occasions Specialist
- Private Hacienda Collection
- Fully Personalized Itineraries
- Keys to the Yucatan and Mexico City
- Access to Artists, Chefs, Historians
- Creative and Highly Personalized Itineraries
- Airport Transfers
- Private Guide and Private Cars
- Dont Travel Without
- Water shoes can protect your feet against rocks when bathing at a private cenotes.
Don't forget to pack the essential swimming costume, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a shawl, cardigan or jumper and of course your camera!
No matter where you are going in the world, you should pack comfortable walking shoes or sandals.
- Best Time To Visit
- There is always a good time to visit the Yucatan although do note that June - August gets a little steamy to combat the weather ensure that Catherwood Travels include a little dip in their private cenotes for cooling off purposes.
- Rebecca Recommends Secrets
Catherwood Travels are Maya specialists and have unrivalled access to the gems of the Peninsula. They own archaeological sites, private cenotes, reserves, unrestored haciendas and contemporary artistic projects including a James Turrell amphitheater.